Friday, April 24, 2009

Not sure if I had posted previously about my frustration with Snapfish... It is a film developing website that has fantastic prices and relatively simple tools for editing. I have been a very loyal - VERY LOYAL - customer for several years. Lately, over the past say - 6 months, though - my frustration has grown. Website technicalities, print quality issues, slower turn-around-times for delivery. Their customer service was/is excellent and they were always quick in responding and very apologetic.
Screwing up our Christmas Card pictures was pretty much my last straw... but their prices! $.09 a print! Crazy cheap and I order about 200 prints a month.
But then when the website was timing out while I was trying to upload anywhere from 50 to 350 pictures at a time, I couldn't take anymore.
I sent them a very polite, very direct email about how, after about 8 years of loyalty, I was fed up. I explained, in clear detail, where I was having issues and why I had had it and was leaving the site. ("Leaving" really only means that I am no longer uploading and ordering from them, I am not going to any extremes and canceling my account or anything.)
Their response? Maybe I should "delete my cookies and reboot". Or something along those lines. It was pitiful. It was the nail in the coffin.

So - here I am, loading up my April, 2009 pictures at Shutterfly.
Shutterfly was my first film developing website and I still have my account there so it didn't take much work but I do seem to recall not being a fan of their editing capabilities and they do cost about $.06 more per print - that could add up...

I'll see how it goes. I am open to suggestion, though, if you, too, are a picture-taking fool like I am... but just can't wrap your mind around "saving them to file" and not printing and putting them in frames and albums...
I have so many albums, so may frames, so many collages and magnets and photobooks. I love them all!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm a big fan of Kodak Gallery, both the online version (which granted, I pay for) and their prints. Same price as Shutterfly, so it's more expensive than Snapfish and some others, but I don't order nearly as many prints as you do.

Gini said...

You actually print out your photos??...(insert Kimmy laughing here....) You don't just leave them in about 2000 folders on your laptop?