Friday, April 3, 2009

For my niece's birthday party tomorrow I made Taco Dip, a Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake & a Strawberries & Cream Cake (this is not the recipe I used, but I will next time, YUM!).
I had to slice 2 pounds of strawberries and as I was dreading the job I remembered a little trick I learned last summer...

1. Place washed & stemmed strawberry in the egg slicer.

2. Slice.

3. Viola!
(yes, viola. that's the way funny people spell voila.)


It really sped the process along for me.

8 comments:

Gini said...

OK - I need to get one of those egg-slicer thingys. Makes buying the mega pack from Costco not so dreadful.....

Allison said...

That is a really great idea! Have fun today!

Kim said...

Sounds yummy! You are the Pampered Chef queen!

Mama said...

Sheer genius!! I need one now...

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look yummy...

Mama said...

I am making the Strawberry Cream Cake recipe right now it looked so good I had to...it smells so yummy!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, girls. :)
Gotta add - my cake was awesome - super sweet & I didn't even add the sugar it called for in the recipe - that's how tasty those berries were!

Stacie1980 said...

I'm going to make that taco dip...that sounds SO good!