Thursday, April 23, 2009

Because I love to eat.
Because eating is in my top 5 favorite things to do in all the world.
Because after sex & shopping, it is the only thing in the world that I love to do. And sometimes (ok, most of the time) it ranks as #1.

Because of that - I have vowed to begin exercising.

It is the simplest thing in the world. But the hardest.

So, I am taking it slowly. And one day at a time.

I bought a WII Fit. The WII Fitness Board has informed me that I am obese. (Thanks, asshole.) But if I exercise 30 minutes a day and cut back on my portions, I can lose the weight I need to reach a healthy BMI. (I will not tell you what my BMI is but I will tell you that my MII is quite roly-poly.)

So - today is Day #2 of exercising for 30 minutes per day. And, as I had hoped, the WII Fit is very fun and addictive. It appeals to my competitiveness. It congratulates you, it tracks your activity - and not just in the "Great Job - You got 50 points!" way, it says stuff like "damn, fattie - it's been a while! too busy eating to bother moving?"
Ok, maybe not quite that way but you get the idea.

I also have Jay to compete with, who is the closest thing to an "equal" I have around here. And yet I force myself to compete with Quinn, who's a 12 year old female athlete.
Yeah, because that's how I get when it comes to games. I take no prisoners.

So - while I am the first to admit that I have not been a "good" dieter since that post where I bragged about how awesome I am, I am proud of myself for not giving up and just being a fattie.

I have also committed to running (or walking, we'll see...) the high school track with a few other moms. I have even committed Quinn to come with me to keep Wyatt from running into the road and Abby from constantly asking me to stop and "Watch this cool trick, mama!"

So, I'm hoping that by finally tackling this obstacle they call "physical activity" I won't have to second guess every single thing I put into my mouth. I can still enjoy myself but not be 500 pounds before I'm 40.

6 comments:

Gini said...

I'd have to say you are taking all the right steps Liz. It is not easy. I think you are going about this the right way. Slowly and deliberately.

We have the Wii Fit and I would be playing my fat ass against my kids. That will happen when hell freezes over......so you have fun with your bad self.

good job so far and good luck!

Gina Marie said...

Vincent's mom has a wii fit and let me tell you I thought that thing was HARD!!!!!!!
I couldn't do half the exercises they had on there!
But it is MUCH better than going to a gym...
good for you lady!

Allison said...

Awesome Liz--let me know how you like it. I am interested in getting one. I am on day 6 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred which is AWESOME--only 20 minutes a day and she kicks your ass all over your living room!

Stacie1980 said...

I'm going to totally echo what Gini said; slow and deliberate is, in my opinion, the ONLY way to go. In order to make these changes a permanent part of your lifestyle it's best to take it one day at a time. Allow yourself some wriggle room and keep up the good work. I have no doubt that you will attain your goals.

Just be prepared to get a boob job. LOL Seriously, I'm down to 110 now and my boobs have seriously deflated. I no longer have nice C'S...try saggy A's. Being "thin" ain't all it's cracked up to be. : )

Kim said...

Good for you, Liz. I've seen that competitive side of you, so I know you'll do it! Getting the motivation is the hard part - you're well on your way!

Mama said...

I am so glad you got the fit - it is great! The boxing one kicks my ass...and watching John try and do the hula hoop makes me want to pee my pants so it is a fun time all around.