Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Can we talk about the Diet for a second?
I am still "on it" - I just feel like I haven't been "trying" very hard.
I am down 9 pounds but I have to admit that I've been lucky.

Now that Spring is here (not that it's warm but at least the ice is not preventing me from walking up my driveway) I have been walking to the places in the 'hood that I would normally make fun of people for driving to.
I have to go to Jody's a few days a week. I walk.
I went to my friend Deb's house, she lives 1 street down but our backyards touch. It's annoying because it really is about 1/3 mile on the road, what could be about 15 feet if we just walked through the woods.
I walked on the road.

Now, don't get me wrong - we ain't "power walking"!
We're walking with a 3-year old, pulling a 1-year old in a red wagon. Then, said 1-year old, helps himself out of said red wagon and we're chasing, 2 steps forwards, 22 steps back, 24 steps forward to where we just were, holding tiny hand. Tiny hand breaks free, the circus begins again. I would have to say that if you were watching me, you'd laugh. It's not pretty, but it keeps me laughing.
And at least we're active.

And we have the park. And the park is not what is used to be.
The park used to be: Put baby in swing, put toddler in swing, push kids.
Now the park is like this:
"Push me, mama!"
"Watch this, mama!"
"No, Wyatt!"
"Come back here, Wyatt!"
"Has anyone seen Wyatt?"
"PUT THAT DOWN!"
"Get back here!"
"Mama, can I swing on the big girl swing?"
"Wyatt, don't walk there, your sister's on the swing."
FWOMP!
"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!"
and so on....

So, I guess I will be getting more exercise without really trying.

I did buy a WII Fit, though. I watched Jay set up his Mii and I have yet to set up mine. Maybe Friday.

Between now and Easter Sunday we have our MOMS Club Easter Egg Hunt, Gymnastics, a few local errands, a few G'bury errands, our church's Easter Egg Hunt, our own Egg-Coloring Eggstravaganda and then... drumroll, please... I was able to get squeezed in for a hair appointment!! Yee-Haw!!

Wait till you see my kids in their Easter Outfits!! You are going to wretch from their ridiculous levels of cuteness.
Hopefully we will get a good family shot. I am always trying, rarely succeeding, in getting a good family shot. How do you get 4 people to all look good at the same time - just to all look at the same time!?

4 comments:

Allison said...

Liz, you are hysterically funny to read. Loved your playtime at the park description. Can't wait to see the Easter pic--sometimes the squirmiest family pics are the best ones!

Kim said...

Hey, 9 lbs is 9 lbs. You're almost 20% of the way to your goal, and that's great. The kind of exercise you're getting - that's my kind of exercise. I'd rather do that stuff than "exercise". Much more fun!

How awesome that you're able to get in for a hair appt!

Stacie1980 said...

You're doing great Liz...seriously. And yeah, chasing after little ones is all the exercise one needs. : )

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures... hopefully you'll get a good family shot! You can always dream, right??

Gini said...

Good job with how far you have gotten. Listen to my sister. She always puts the positive spin on everything.....good thing, huh?? She is usually right. Keep up the good work......and it IS work, sister.