Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Who the heck reads this thing, anyway?
Ever wonder that?
I do. Sometimes. But there is no way to know so the wonder will just have to keep me on my toes.

I went shopping today. (My loving husband dreads that statement.) But I did. My kids need some stuff and sadly, my boy still does. Why are cute little boy clothes so hard to find!?
It's not hard to dress a princess, I'll tell ya that much. She's in a 5T so it might get harder, not to mention more expensive, in years to come but I am thoroughly enjoying dressing her for now. She got 2 dresses, some leggings and a cardie (cardigan for those that can't figure that out) and a new rain jacka (jacket... you know who you are).
Wyatt got a hat and some jammies (pajamas, am I being condescending now?). What he needs is some Spring stuff, just about everything and what he got was a hat and some jammies. Poor guy. But, fortunately for him, his mama is always on the look out!
It's too soon to buy shorts and short sleeves so finding stuff for this in between season is tough. For all of us.
I don't have anything to wear, either. And this in-between season is only complicated by my fat ass.

Allow me to segue... tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I feel good (interpretation, I am always hungry, never stuffed) so I am hoping to be down at least 2 pounds. That will put me at an even 5 so far, and that will earn me a pedi. Which I desperately need. So that would be great.
I have browsed the "diet aid" aisle at Target and Stop & Shop to see what's out there these days. I am no longer pregnant or nursing but my flippant remarks about making an unhealthy jumpstart just aren't true... I am a scaredy cat. I am terrified that if I take Dexatrim, I will die of a heart attack. Yes. I am serious.
So, this will be an all-natural diet. No pain, no gain, right?

Back to shopping... both kids need shoes. Wywy has been wearing his little Robeez and they are so stinkin' cute... but they just don't cut it when it's time for puddles or snowmen. My boy is ready for real shoes. I am so excited.
And to top off the excitement, we have scheduled an outing with Nana to see the Easter Bunny, have lunch at the Rain Forest Cafe and buy some new kicks for the kids. March 17th. You will likely read about this again - my mall lust is intoxicating.

And I will leave you with this: In a time where job security is a laughable comment and real estate prices are in the toilet, there is one industry that we can always count on, folks and this is it:
The Liquor Industry, ladies and gentlemen...

In a brand new, GIGANTIC, GORGEOUS building
in South Windsor, CT,
right across from Evergreen,
where I bought nothing for the boy.

M&R - new slogan:
"Lost yer job, buddy?
Feelin' pretty shitty?
Don't sweat it.
We've got yer hooch."


2 comments:

Allison said...

OMG Chris and I have already (gulp) discovered this new one--they carry Gritty's. Portland's amazing beer. They rock. 'Nuff said.

Kim said...

Sounds like we need to make a run to Marshall's.... =)

Nice to see that M&R is thriving - people spending their last few pennies getting sauced up to deal with the pain!