Monday, March 16, 2009

I believe Ray Romano coined the phrase "Your Ladies Days"... and I believe it was that same episode when, in an attempt to be a good husband, he purchased some products for his ever-condescending bitch wife at the Pharmacy for her "Ladies Days" and she desperately searched through the bag and said "What, Ray, they were all out of 'Bitch-Be-gone'??"
Well, that episode and those phrases come up around here... every.... say... 30 days or so. And we laugh at what a bitch Deborah is (in every f-ing episode, really, not just this one) and what a nice try Ray made (because while he is often an idiot, it is not nearly as often as Deborah is mean).
And Jay has often made a trip to the Pharmacy in search of "Bitch-Be-Gone" and I have often cried about the fact that he needs me to take it.
So goes the "cycle" of life, right?

This leads me up to my Diet Update.
I didn't lose any weight last week. I wasn't the picture of perfect dieting but I wasn't a pig, either. I thought I would have lost at least a pound if not 2. But, no.
I still think a week without gaining weight is a winning week, though. Plus, I realized I was retaining water - and that is probably a good 2 pounds.
And now, this week, "Flo" is here so I can't pressure myself to diet like a machine. I can be careful and not pig-out but let's be realistic, shall we?
I will call this week a success if I don't gain, again.

Florida.
We are going to Florida in May, for a week. It will be 2009's BIG vacation. It will be expensive.
It will be 4 people flying, 4 people lodging, eating and entertaining, a family car rental and the dogs' resort for the week.
That all adds up pretty quickly!
However, we have the option of using my parent's Timeshare for the week IF we can exchange and we can only so that IF something opens up where we want to go.
Why so picky, you ask?
My sister, her husband and her 2 children are flying over from Scotland, for 2 weeks, to go to Florida. Hence, the reason for this vacation in the first place.
So - every day I check the Interval website and every day it says "NOPE! NADA!"
Until, the other day - we have the option of booking a place, a 2-bedroom condo on the beach, full kitchen, living room and private balcony plus the resort has a pool.
The only hitch?
It's about an hour north of where my sister will be.
Certainly worth it, it will save us at least $800. But an HOUR!!!
There are 4 other places that will put us within 10 minutes of each other but htey just haven't opened up.... yet.
What if one DOES become available like, the MINUTE after I book this one!?
Add to this the fact that a direct flight from Bradley to Tampa is less than $200 right now. How long is that going to last!?
Oh, what to do, what to do!?!?!?!

I will leave you with this - because it's too darn cute to keep to myself:

5 comments:

Kim said...

OK, that picture is so freakin' cute!

I feel your dilemma - to book or not to book. Can you book the flight now and hold off a little longer to see if a place closer opens up? Personally, I'd jump on that airfare ASAP. They never seem to go anywhere but up.

Unknown said...

I can't book the plane without the accommodations... what if the one that is available gets snatched up and the other one never opens up - then we have a flight to nowhere! :)
Good news is, I checked out cars - and they're not nearly as expensive as I thought...

Allison said...

Oh, Aunt Flo--you can wreak so much havoc for your nieces! Love Ray Romano. Deborah is just a LB because she has had so much plastic surgery that her ankle fat has been cinched up around her chin. Good luck on the vaca plans! Wy wy is SO STINKING CUTE!!!

Unknown said...

I have no idea what an LB is, but if the B is for Bitch, i agree. :)

Gini said...

LB is a joke that Kimmy and Dennis and I use....Lil Bitch is what it stands for...we call each other that - for no reason. It was funny.

Anyhoo - Book the air as soon as possible. And with Southwest, you can cancel the flight to re-book fairly easy. A credit goes into your account with minimun penalty, I believe.