Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh, so I bought new shoes at Macy*s.
I needed shoes - I had my choice of sneakers, flip-flops or Merrells. I needed a loafer/clog-like choice.
I need a shoe overhaul, really... My wardrobe is totally casual, totally "mommy" but my shoes are not. And I am very sensitive to "lesbian shoes". I will not wear Dansko and even my Merrells are starting to bug me.

Anyway - here's the pair I bought:

(they're cuter in real life, but not much.)


Here's the pair I wanted but they didn't have in my size:

They literally didn't have them in any Macy*s in CT. And Nordstrom didn't carry them.

I still want them, but I have to wait. $90 is a lot for shoes, for me. And I don't technically "need them", so I'll wait a few days or a week and see how bad I still want them.

3 comments:

Allison said...

LIZ!!!!

DANSKO

is

ALL

I

WEAR!!!!

I didn't get the memo about them being a giveaway for a sexual proclivity towards women!!!!


AAAAGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Unknown said...

LOL - I know lots of women (moms, in particular) that only wear Dansko. My sister, for one.
I just don't like them.
Or Subarus.

If one were actually a Lesbian, I would have no issue with that, but my life-long short hair and fat ass have made me a bit gun-shy with giving off "the vibe".

Gini said...

I actually just bought a pair very similar to the ones you bought. Yup, still in my closet. I can't take off my flip flops. My shoe rack consists of either flip flops, Ed Hardy sneaks or very high heeled sandals.
That's it. Casual or Dressy. All I need, right??