Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Way Back Wednesday

Lots of chatter about weddings around these parts lately... a couple of cousins on the husband's side are getting closer to the altar and I am forever in love with weddings (planning them, attending them - whatever!)!!

Anyhoo - it got me feeling a little sentimental... and it has really gotten me excited about planning our 10-Year Anniversary Trip. We are considering a group trip, Fall 2011 to an exotic (if budget-friendly) locale - friends, family, kids - all-inclusive, on the beach - maybe even a cruise.
I keep writing and re-writing my vows to my husband who I love more than I ever imagined I would (or could) when I first married him in October, 2001. And I would imagine it only gets better as it ages, ripens and deepens...

Well, that's for a different post, for now, this is Way Back Wednesday and I am cheating a little here and including 3 pictures from my wedding day - October 20, 2001.


Could we have been more excited to enter as Mr. and Mrs?!
Yeah - I was hopping!


Why yes - we did have a rather large wedding party.
And yes, we really did love and want
every single one of these people
to stand up and witness our day with us.

8 comments:

Allison said...

Gorgeous! Look at the two of you! JUST BEAMING! I bet it was a fabulous day!

Gini said...

Great Way Back Wednesday....holy crap thats a huge wedding party...love the Calla Lily's!

You look beautiful.

Unknown said...

Thank you - I really loved my wedding. I have to get my VHS tape turned into a DVD, I loved watching it but no longer have a VCR!!
and, btw - my post says "3 pics" but one was a .TIF that apparently wouldn't upload to Blogger and I didn't fix the text - oh well. :)

Gina Marie said...

I think you should let me help plan your 10 year anniversary trip!
If you think you're obsessed come to our apartment- there is wedding reading material EVERYWHERE!!
Ive got books by the dozens! : )

Kim said...

Great pictures, Liz. You guys look smashing! The best part is that your still as happy together today as you were on that day.

I loved your wedding. It's so funny that you posted this today - I swear I was just thinking this morning about the red outfit I wore to your wedding and how obnoxious it was. Way to blend in - not!

Hmmm...that video could be dangerous. I think I remember doing some totally inappropriate ass-slapping dance! (slinks away in shame....)

Kim said...

Or, I could spell correctly and say "you're" still as happy....

Unknown said...

Oh Kimmie - that red suit, your curly red hair - you're so gorgeous and it cracks me up that you make fun of how you looked that night.
I promise to find a pic and post for the world to see... although that could take a while.
Gina - some day, I promise we will see your apartment, I love Brooklyn and I would love to visit you.
But, I will be running shit when it comes to my "next wedding" - thanks. :) (ha ha - just kidding. sorta.)

Stacie1980 said...

Your wedding party was HUGE...and absolutely AMAZING! You and Jay are so freakin' cute together.

My 10 year anniversary is this October...now I want to do something super special. : )