Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We spent the better part of today at WestFarms with Nana.
It was a beautiful day and I probably should have been outside with the kids... doing sidewalk chalk, riding bikes, going to the park, having a picnic lunch while reading great literature to their tiny little sponge brains.
But, no.
We went to the mall.

We originally made this plan with Nana anticipating a visit with the Easter Bunny but as it turns out, he's not coming till the 21st.
Last year - no joke - he arrived at the mall the week after New Years. They cleaned up Santa and threw the Bunny in the ring.
This year, he's here for 2 weeks.

Whatever - the Bunny is a whole other story. Why do we tell our kids about the bunny anyway!? What the F*&^ does a giant, candy-bearing bunny have to do with the Resurrection of Jesus Christ!?
I've never discussed this with Jay because it seems too stupid, but honestly, I have NO desire to bring yet another ridiculous lie into my children's holidays.

I love Santa. But it is pretty easy for me to teach my children about Jesus' Birth and how Santa was celebrating Jesus' birth by giving away toys and sharing joy. I can separate the two. My kids don't (and won't, I know they're too little to really "get it" yet) confuse the two.

But a giant bunny? How the fuck does that tie into Easter!?
(I can just see my BFF's head spinning right now - nothing gets her going more than Christmas that revolves around Santa, I can't imagine what the Bunny does to her normally calm and cool exterior.)

Anyway - the mall was fun. I picked up a couple of short sleeved shirts for Wyatt. Baby Gap, of course. And while we were in there my precious little mini-me picked up a pair of shoes and walked them over to me saying "Look, Mama - they're on Sale!"
And guess what? They were.

We treated Nana to lunch - it seemed fair since she is one person and we are 3. Plus, she deserves a little treat now and then - she certainly shells it out to the kids (and us) - with both her time and money. She's a good egg, that Nana. :)

On the way home both kids fell asleep. Poor Wywy, he was so tired. His nap is usually from about 12:30 - 3 and we didn't leave the mall till 2:30ish. And Abby, she was just such a big girl, refusing every offer of a stroller ride we gave her. I think she just wore her little self out. She doesn't usually nap at all.
Neither kid slept long so we did an early dinner, early tubby and early to bed.

So, here we are, sitting, watching Idol, missing hubby, considering an early to bed for me, too.

1 comment:

Gini said...

Very cute about Abby pointing out the sale item......maybe she could have a chat with Hannah - who just doesn't GET IT!

OK - One pair of jeans at full price - or a whole bunch of shit on sale - pick one.