Saturday, January 30, 2010

Coming to the end of my first month of the new diet & exercise plan.  I will weigh myself Monday morning to see if I reached the "Month 1 Goal" of losing 10 pounds.  I am fairly certain that I did.  I was down 6 in my first 2 weeks and even with Abby's birthday parties messing me up a bit, I feel pretty good.


My next goal is 20 by mid-March.  I am actually not sure if I mean " 20 more" or "20 total" at this point.  I should probably mean "20 total" but it's very tempting to try to lose 30 pounds in 3 months...  I guess I'll just be happy with loss as opposed to gain.


I made Minestrone yesterday.  Followed the recipe in "Love Soup" and it was, easily, the best soup I have ever made.  The only changes I made to the recipe is that I used 1/2 beef stock & 1/2 veg stock (because I had them both) and I used canned beans as opposed to cooking dried beans as a separate step.
I also added a few secret ingredients - nothing fattening (no butter!) - but I don't want to give up all of my secrets.
Next I will make either Sweet Potato Bisque or Rustic Potato & Leek soup.  I am waiting to hear back from my PBFF to see what she wants as I am hoping to get out there to deliver it to her and her husband, son and new baby - as soon as that new baby pops out.


I plan to share my Rice Pudding recipe and my Pound Cake recipe.  A few people have asked for either or both so I'll throw them up here and try for some more traffic on the old Blog...
Soon.  Not right this second.

I think I will grow my hair out again.  Not sure how long or for how long but here's the thing-  the new hairdresser that I found after the one I left after several years just left the salon I liked going to.
I only liked going there because it is right in town and inexpensive.  I didn't particularly like the people in it and I didn't like the lady I was seeing enough to follow here wherever she ends up.  So, I am a hair-orphan at the moment.  So, I will save some money, let it grow and make a decision in the warmer weather.  That's always fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz - ? for you what kind of immersion blender do you have...I am getting one and I am interested in what you have and if you like it...Shannon Also congrats on the healthy lifestyle...I am working on that myself...

Unknown said...

Shan - this is the one I have:
http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=314432&CCAID=CKSRGOPD314432
And, honestly, the first time I used it I involuntarily said "wow" as I watched it work.
I highly recommend it. HIGHLY.
It works so well and is so easy to clean and store. I don't know how I lived without it. :)
Miss you.