Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wednesday of this week is the last day of March.
March is always such a long month.  Nothing to do, nothing to see, crappy weather.  But I really loved it this year.  It seems to have flown by, our social calendar was pretty busy and with our "sell the house" initiative shaping up, I've not been bored at all!
So, it's almost over now and then comes April with it's buds and green and sunny afternoons, cool evenings.
This will be my last Wed AM weigh-in for March.  I did ok this month.  I did not lose 2 pounds each week but I lost at least 1, sometimes 3 and I'm ok with that.
I plan to hit the gym every day this week since I will have a very food-filled weekend coming up.  Plus, I haven't seen my family since Christmas so I want to feel super-strong when I see them on Easter and hear them ooh & ah over my hotness.

Easter Weekend will be spent in NYC.  Marriott Marquis on Saturday, Auntie Frannie's on Sunday.  If the weather is nice we'll stroll through Central Park, maybe hit the zoo.  I am not a fan of "the zoo" in general but I've never been to the one in Central Park and it is a very "kid-friendly" thing to do.  If it is cold, rainy or if we just would prefer it, we'll go to The Museum of Natural History.  I think we're leaning that way anyway, what with Wyatt's devotion to all things dinosaur-related these days.
Honestly, if you have never been to this museum, you need to get in your car immediately.  It is, by far, the greatest non-art museum in the world.  Kids of all ages, seriously, get out of your house right now.  The whale alone is worth the trip.

My parents will be at my aunt's for Easter.  Nice since we haven't seen them since their trip south just after Christmas.  I don't miss them much during the winter because I talk to them all the time and I'm pretty used to them being gone.  But in the last week or so of their retreat I miss them terribly, probably because I know it's only a few days till we see them again.
But, as always, I will see them for 20 minutes, see that nothing's changed and be ready for another 3 months to go by before we meet again.
I kid.  I kid.
Sort of.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I think James really had a blast at the Natural History Museum when we went last summer. (I know I did!!!)