Sunday, March 21, 2010

In my next house, I am going to unpack every single box.

Right now, after having been in this house for five and a half years, I still have unpacked boxes in the closets.  The house we moved from, to here, we lived in for less than 2 years.  Prior to that I lived in an apartment with my new husband for just over a year.
So, I don't know how long some of these boxes have been packed.  But I am unpacking them, reviewing them and either re-packing and labeling for my next house or tossing.
And when I get to my next house - wherever that might be - I am unpacking every single box.
If I don't have a place for it, I will throw it out.
My next house is going to be my forever house.  20 years.  A thirty-year Fixed Mortgage.  A good school system.  A nice neighborhood.  Enough room to spread out without allowing so much room that we spread too much. 
I don't want more than we can afford.  But I want a certain quality of living, a certain feeling of home.  And we'll know it when we see it.

Maybe here in Hebron (*please!*) or maybe in Longmeadow.  I think I've narrowed it to those 2 choices of town.  But, wherever it is, it will be home.  For real this time.

1 comment:

Gini said...

lotta houses for sale here....
just sayin'