Monday, March 8, 2010

Today is Monday so I have another weigh-in in 2 days.  Last week, though, was my first March weigh-in and you may recall I promised to lose 2 pounds per week for all 5 Wednesdays of March.
I lost 3 lbs in week # 1.
Go Me.

I have really been enjoying cooking and being creative with Weight Watchers ideals (fat, calories & fiber!), without using meat, and eating as much as I can with as few points as possible!
I love the challenge, the hobby that it becomes.  When it becomes a lifestyle, it becomes routine, part of the every day - and even though (for now) it's retaining it's novelty, it is also fitting into our structure perfectly.  We eat at least 2 meals a day, at least 5 days a week at home.  Lunch is usually not a big deal and sandwiches/salads/frozen meals fill that meal very easily.
Before getting pregnant with Abby I lost 30 pounds on WW.  And that was without exercise.  It's because of the changes I made in my habits.  So, this time, with the habits and the gym - I am feeling really good.
And Jay does a lot of the cooking.  He makes the salads (tossed, veggies and otherwise), he experiments with fish and veggie products, he has been researching and blogging and without him, I would not be anywhere near as into this as I have been.
I do the shopping, the soup making, the dessert creating (I can't go without but I can make them fat and sugar free!).
We encourage each other, root for each other and have just the right amount of competitiveness to keep each other going.  (Ok, we're really, really competitive - sometimes we scare people, but it works for us!)


This weather is awesome.  I know we'll get another snowstorm.  I know it will get really cold again but for now - we're blowing bubbles and riding bikes.  And I have a very strong desire to start raking, pruning and decorating outside and in the gardens.

I crave summer, suntans, mosquitoes, late sunsets on the deck with a cold beer, hearing the trickling of the pond and chirping of the crickets.
I want to smell citronella and sun screen.  I want to come home from the salty beach and jump in my chlorine-y pool.
But first, I want to feel the chill and smell the air before one last snowstorm.  Then, I want to hear the hush of a snowfall one more time.  I want to see big flakes falling silently.  I want to see my breath as I shovel the snow from my driveay one more time.
I know how crazy that sounds because I really do hate it as much as the next guy when it's coming down for the umpteenth time in mid-January.  But here it is March.  We're already having warm days and cold nights.  We set the clocks ahead on Saturday.
I won't mind one more storm, because I'll know it's only one more.
Last year we were at the beach in April.  I can handle a few more weeks of winter.  Then I will love spring, summer, fall and winter once again.  I love New England!

No comments: