Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today is the 4th Wednesday of March and I lost 1 more pound this week.
Yes, my goal was 2 pounds per week but knowing that I am eating like a pig (ate restaurant goodness 3 times in the past week and I am NOT sorry) and exercising I am happy to have lost 1 pound.
Today I am vowing to track my food on Weight Watchers religiously.  Some days I know I do not eat enough and that will only hurt me in the long run.  It's not because I'm not hungry or I am trying to starve myself, it's that I don't have time.
Also, I think my tastes are changing - and combined with my desire to not overeat - sometimes I don't eat dinner.  Where, in the past, I would have eaten it even if I didn't like it if I was hungry.
That totally grosses me out now.
So, this week (starting today) I will track my food more carefully, continue exercising and see if I can end this month strong.
For the record, though, today is a very proud day for me.
I have mentioned how I lost a bunch of weight doing Weight Watchers before, without exercising.  It was 2005.  Same deal as this year, my "New Year's Resolution", but it was halted by my pregnancy.  I lost 30 pounds then gained it - and more - back over the course of the past 5 years.  I can blame pregnancy, nursing, staying home (lifestyle change) but regardless of the reasons I was not taking care of myself.
Looking over the past years of weigh-ins with Weight Watchers (I should really just bite the bullet and become a lifetime member) I see now that in January 2006 I was at my fattest ever (not including during pregnancy, of course) and now, March 2010 I weigh less than I did post-weight loss/pre-pregnancies. 
It's only one pound less, but knowing that is a huge bolster to my confidence.
After all, I was in my twenties then.  Now I'm in my thirties - and exercising and still dieting to lose weight.
I will hit my goal - and I will be one hot mama.

1 comment:

Gini said...

I am so freaking excited for you. You go girl. You are feeling good, being honest about the ups and downs and it is showing on the scale....(bitch).....just kidding..
;)