Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I feel fat and bloated today so I am not weighing myself.
I know that goes against my March Vow but I will weigh in tomorrow and call it even.
My first Wednesday was a -3, my 2nd was a -2.  This one might be flat or -1 so I'd rather feel better before I see the result.  And tomorrow will be better.  Today is Wednesday, the official lazy day, and I haven't showered, I had PB&J with Cheez Doodles for break/lunch and I'm packing and doing laundry and random household chores.
Tomorrow, I will shower, get dressed and have a prettier day.  And even if I gained weight, I'll feel ok about it.

Spring is so close.  Today I plan to rake out the small garden right out front.  There is stuff popping up and ornamental grass that needs to be cut back and prepped for new growth.
I also think it's time ot put the Cozy Coupe outside.  With his October birthday, Wyatt had the luxury of riding this thing around the house all winter but I think it's time.



Now, as far as the packing topic - I have been filling boxes as I find them.  The beginning stages of packing are so easy.  You don't need every book on your bookshelf or every picture on the wall, so you wrap 'em and pack 'em.  Me, I can't move fast enough.  I love putting things away.  But I'm not buying boxes so I can only move as quickly as my friends drop boxes off.
As far as moving goes, where should we go?  What are the pros and cons of staying in our town?  What would be the pros and cons of starting over?
I haven't been shy about expressing my love for this town to anyone and everyone, specifically my husband who holds no particular attachment here.
My second choice (and about the only other town we agree on) is in MA.  We agree that the town that our good friends are currently occupying is the only one that compares with ours with convenience, quality of living, distance to our families and general awesomeness.

This town is considerably farther from my family but all highway so while it will be al ong drive, it will be an easy one to make.
It's a little farther from my CT-family, too but not too far, it shouldn't be an issue.  (I secretly discussed it with my mother-in-law!)

Decisions, decisions...  only time (and the CT & MA MLS) will tell!!

4 comments:

Allison said...

Well, you know how I feel on the location thing. This town pretty much rocks--and I ADORED HEBRON. 'Nuff said.

Gini said...

What the fuck are you talking about, girl??? Where THE HELL have I been?? Obviously NOT on your blog.

ummm.....I have boxes.....ding dong!!

OK - I need more details. You considering here somewhere close? Does my sister know??? Holy crap! And I leave you with that!


xoxo

Gini said...

oh, and the weight loss thing? YOU ROCK -and the scale will be there tomorrow.

(been eating a lot of trail mix shit lately.....now THAT is a bloated feeling...tee hee hee!!)

Unknown said...

I have discussed with Kimmy, of course. Honestly, LM is far for us... but a wonderful town and a good possibility if something doesn't come up.
I am also considering South Windsor, which may or may not be a very nice town - I am researching. I am not from here, I only know what the last 5 years in Hebron has shown me and what I ask my friends/family about so it's hard to figure out what towns are worth looking into.
And thanks, Gin - got on today. Down 1 lb. :)