Thursday, March 11, 2010

I am totally swiping this idea from a friend, but it suits my mood - and while I've done it before, I don't think I've done it this well!
Loved her post today!!

Things that make me feel happy:
  • getting Abby to school on time, with breakfast in her belly.
  • hearing Abby & Wyatt playing together.  Even when laughter turns to tears or screeching, it's still awesome.
  • my mom-friends.  Far & Near, they make me feel normal and grounded...  even when I am pretty sure I am insane and flighty.
  • having the cabinets & fridge full of food that everyone likes, the laundry done & put away and the house clean.  All at the same time.
  • exercising.  I would never have thought that, but getting sweaty and feeling strong leaves me feeling very happy and confident.  
  • the sound of my husband's footsteps coming towards me, be it up the stairs or down the hall - I love to know he's on his way.
  • shopping.  I know, it's so cliche but it's really true.  Buying stuff makes me happy.
  • packing and organizing.  labeling.  throwing stuff out.  giving stuff away.  It's all the same, it's very therapeutic.
  • feeling understood.
  • eating.  
  • sitting on the couch, watching tv, doing nothing.
  • drinking coffee.
  • Easter.  Not only because of Spring and NYC and family but because of what Easter is, what it means.  It is an awesome celebration.
  • Book Club.
  • House Hunting.
  • Yoga.
There's probably more and I may do these more often...  Life is Good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this post! House Hunting....are you guys moving? Shannon

Our Baby Boy said...

Thanks for the compliment! Loved the one about having food in the house, laundry done, and house clean at the same time. I fantasize about this, but know it won't happen for awhile yet!
Becky

Gini said...

I can relate to everything...except the yoga.

YOGA, Liz??? Wow. I'm impressed!!!

I should make more lists like this. Would push aside all the stuff I DON'T like.....