Thursday, August 6, 2009

What did we do before Clorox Wipes? I balked at their "convenience" for a long time because how hard is it to spray and wipe?
Well, Balk No More!
They are BRILLIANT!
I cleaned Abby's dollhouse and playkitchen and both of the Ride-On toys in minutes. I know they're clean and germ-free and I only had to wipe (ok, in many areas, I needed a toothpick - EW) and then throw out the wipes and wash my hands. Done!
Now, I have to make them a staple, which means stocking up when they're on sale or buying at BJ's. Will have to price-compare.
I wonder if the Lysol ones are better or cheaper? What about store brands... let the research begin!!

No rain in the forecast. It hasn't rained yet this week and it's not supposed to for a few more days. I might actually be able to fertilize and water my gardens!! Saints Alive!

I fell. If you know me, you know I fall a lot and I spill often.
Last summer I slipped down the deck stairs while wearing $2.50 Old Navy Flip Flops and using the hose. Of course I fell. Even a non-faller is going to slip under those conditions.
I slipped all the way down the stairs, trying to catch myself on the banister and eventually landing on the concrete below.
I bruised my right leg into unbelievable colors and hurt my left leg, ankle and shin so badly I was certain it was all broken and smashed up under the skin.
I crawled back up, got in to the relatively chilly baby pool with Abby and called Jay to come home because I was pretty sure I had to go to the hospital.
I had never felt pain like that before. But I have also never broken any bones before.
I went to the Walk-In Medical Center in Marlborough. The doctor never x-rayed me, to my memory, but told me that while nothing was broken, that shin "is gonna hurt for a LONG time." He was not kidding. It is still sensitive, a year later.

And today, I fell out of my Porch Door into the Garage. I was stepping down so my feet went first but I stepped onto my rubber gardening clog, which rolled and sent me to my knees, crushing my left foot, 10 toes and both ankles (not sure how that makes sense but that's what hurts so...)
This time, I am sure I broke my pinky toe on my right foot. Jay is certain I did not. Either way, they would only tape me up and send me home so I skipped the Medical Center. Although, I do wonder if I could have walked out with some pain meds... oh well.
The top of my left foot (still not 100% from last year) is very swollen and bruised, my right toe is ridiculously painful and both ankles took a bad turn.
I'm a freakin' disaster.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First - I hope you feel better soon! Second - you know how I feel about those wipes and those kids of cleaners in general but I can't live without the Lysol ones that have scrubbies on one side, they are amazing!! - Shannon

Debbie said...

Sounds like you took quite the spill! I hope that you feel better soon!

And I am a very big fan of the Clorox Wipes! I have tried the Lysol ones and they are just not the same for me. Clean on!

Gina Marie said...

i'm a big clorox fan as well...the 3 pack of jumbo ones is the first thing that i grab at costco

Gini said...

So sorry about the fall Liz. I did not know that about you....Miss Klutzy. You seem the type of person to take it all in stride though.

OK - I buy the wipes from Costco. Kirkland brand, I guess. I like those because one of the containers has wipes that have a sort of scrubby side. Love that. I throw one in each of the kids bathrooms for quick clean ups for them, until I get there to do the BIG clean up!!