Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Today was Abby's Open House.
We went to her classroom, met her teacher, used the teeny-tiny potty and figured out where to park and where Pick-Up/Drop-Off is.

I took this official picture because tomorrow is the first actual day of school, but it starts at 8:30, so who knows if we'll have time to do this tomorrow!! I barely got us there for 10:00!

Is it just me, or does that school just look HUGE?


Here is Miss Thing in her classroom.

Yes, those are pink Converse high-tops.
Yes, she picked them out at the store and this morning to go with her dress.


I didn't take a lot of pictures because I didn't know "the rules" about that sort of thing.
She has her own hook for her "jacka" and backpack as well as a "mailbox" where I retrieved some very important papers as the mama of the preschooler!

Abby's teacher and I agreed that Lambie could come to school, in her backpack, the first few days - just until Abby agrees that Lambie would prefer to wait in the car.

The mailbox & hooks right next to her's belongs to a little girl who's mom I met and hit it off with right away. The mom is the sister of the 2 young women (older than girls but not quite "woman") that work in our pediatrician's office. We love them and I am so glad that their niece is in Abby's class!)

I have a lump in my throat & chest that can't be described as any one emotion - but it is definitely a big one. My little baby girl... school... by herself...

But - she is so excited and I know that she'll love it and be awesome and just explode into herself, so that keeps me happy. :)

That, and the QT that Wywy and I will have 4 mornings a week.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

She is adorable! Good luck mom!

I loved when my older siblings went to school and I got to hang with my mom by myself. I also couldn't wait for them to get home - I would meet them at the end of the street.

Denise said...

That is one huge mother effing milestone - for both of you! Good luck tomorrow.

PS - girls in pike hightop converse ROCK.

Denise said...

Make that "pink".

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support, D & D!
Looking forward to a long night of drinking about mid-school year... like after your new niece is born and Kimmie can slam 'em down with us!
XO

Gini said...

Off the subject - I really like that stone bench!

On the subject. Great photos of an obviously great day!!!