Monday, August 17, 2009

"I have always despised
the whining yelp of complaint
and cowardly resolve."

-Robert Burns,
Scottish Poet known as the Bard of Ayrshire

I found this quote when I Googled "Passive Aggressive Quotes". I Googled "Passive Aggressive Quotes" because I have been playing this Passive Aggressive Game with a certain Facebooker for the past few days.
I have no idea if this person reads my Blog. I doubt it. I doubt it because it is not about this person. And this person tends not to want anything to do with anything that is not about them.

Normally, I don't deal in "passive anything". And I very rarely deal with "aggressive" at all, either. I have been known to show a lot of strength when defending those that I feel need my strength or defense, but I rarely show any of that courage for my own honor or reputation. I truly don't have the energy. And sometimes I fear what I might lose if I were to scream, yell or lose my cool in some situations.

So, even when I am very tempted to finally speak in a voice that would show my anger, my hurt, my resentment - I squash it.

My Heart is Full.
But lately, it aches.

1 comment:

Gini said...

Sometimes when you scream, yell, lose your cool, or just stand up for what you believe is right for yourself (you and you alone), you DO lose.

I take that chance...a lot. And I opt to deal with what could be lost, because for me, it is so much more important to stand up for myself.

That being said. I am sure there are other ways, other than how I choose to handle things, that inevitably yield the same results.

My mother always said that she was like a volcano. She let everything stay inside...and let it build up and build up and build up...until one day she would explode. I could never be like that. I hope too, that by squashing "it" - you don't just explode one day....

I am sad that you are sad.