Saturday, May 30, 2009

Jay and I headed down to "New Shea" yesterday. We have not been to a game in a few years and (obviously) this was our first trip to CitiField.
The new park is awesome. Seriously. Great, great time!

I was anxious about leaving my kids at my parents' house for several hours. "Anxious" because I was worried about my parents having a heart attack or stroke while chasing Wyatt, not because I thought they would do something bad or wrong. That boy is a handful, and my parents are no spring chickens.
But - they had a fabulous time, ran the Grammy & Grambear ragged and fell asleep in my Dad's bed. The 2 of them took over the entire, king-sized bed.
When we got back to pick them up my parents were in very good moods and just laughing and happy recounting their adventures.
My Dad said "I don't wanna do it every weekend, but it was fun!" And today, they lazed around, recovering! (Ok, so did we!)

We drove down and were in the parking lot by 5. We tailgated with some crazy people who were "celebrating Grandpa's life" while they were in NY for his funeral. I peed in the cleanest Port-o-Potty ever and then we went into the game.
Personally, I really tried to eat everything they were selling but I couldn't. There was just too much food.
We drank a few beers, saw a pitcher's duel, a homerun and left before the game went into extra innings. We heard the Mets win (on the Fan) just as we were landing back in Brewster.
Seriously - we had so much fun.

Thank you.
To Vincent, for giving us the tickets and the excuse to be fun and hang out as a couple for so many hours.
And to my Parents, for allowing us to do so.




4 comments:

Gini said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all - parents, kids and grandparents. It's good to get away sometimes, without the kiddos. It never happens enough, but when it does, it makes for a really great time of re-connection!

You guys take a very cute picture together, by the way.

Unknown said...

I agree, Gini. LOVE the husband/wife time.
Thanks, a very strange, drunken woman took that picture - good times. :)

Bill said...

Hey Liz... Looks like you guys had FUN!! I am so jealous, time alone, no kids... WOW!!! I hope you two get more weekends like this..

Kim said...

The new park looks awesome, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Kinda like the new Yankee Stadium - something about the memories and tradition in the old park make the new place (while gorgeous) sad at the same time.

In any event, looks like you guys had a great time, and I'm glad you had the chance to hang together, cheering on your hometown team.