Monday, August 11, 2008

There is a difference between being "frugal" or "careful" and being "cheap".
"Cheap" is a deal breaker for me.

The bagger at S&S today put one gallon of milk in 2 plastic bags, the other gallon of milk in 2 plastic bags, 1 bottle of apple juice in 2 plastic bags, 2 bottles of Juicy Juice in 2 plastic bags, 1 head of lettuce & a bag of grapes in 2 plastic bags and 1 "Earth-friendly" bottle of spray cleaner in 1 plastic bag. So, in addition to my 4 "Earth-friendly" grocery bags that he filled, he gave me 11 plastic bags and 2 empty "Earth Friendly" grocery bags.
Thanks, guy. Good job.

I highly encourage all of you mommies to go out for a weekend alone. With girlfriends, to the beach (or whatever floats your boat) for at least one full day and night. I was full of trepidation right up until I fell asleep Friday night in Eastham, MA by myself. But I am now so proud of myself, so recharged and feeling so appreciated and loved for having been gone and missed.
I look forward to more adventures like this one, with more friends to more places. Once a year, maybe twice - we'll see. But it was lovely. I am a fixture around here and it was nice to be away.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I agree - cheap sucks.

Do you think the bagger could have taken a hint from your eco-friendly reusable bags and not used so many plastic ones? Idiot.

Glad you had a fun weekend away!