Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am done with chlorine (or any liquid) bleach. It ruins your clothes. I will still use it to clean my bathrooms, though. Instead, I am using Baking Soda in my whites and in my towels. I just hope that putting it in the "pre-wash" section of my shiny new front-loader is ok!

I am also done with Liquid Fabric Softener. I have noticed now, with my new, efficient machines, that I don't need it. It still freaks me out to wonder how long my old machines were not getting the job done. The love of my new machines has not worn off by a long shot. But it is a pain in the ass doing so much folding all at once. I guess the fact that my old washer and dryer were so slow got me spoiled. Now I am folding 4-6 loads a day, not every day, obviously, but all at once instead of a little every day. I'm not complaining, just adjusting.

I have complete and total ogida about my brother's impending nuptials. I wonder if they read this blog? Somehow I doubt it but a I wonder...

Today we will go visit Daddy at work. Abby is beside herself with excitement. For the visit, I made the most amazing chocolate chip cookies I have ever made, maybe ever eaten. I used the original Betty Crocker recipe with shortening instead of butter. It was amazing. I will never use another recipe again.

I leave for the Cape tomorrow night. I am both excited and terrified. Why am I such a freak?

We joined BJ's. I do believe that it is going to ease our budget considerably, but first I need to learn how to work it in. Dropping $300 every other month is not going to work if I don't organize my grocery shopping around it. Also, self control is imperative. No, Liz, you do not need 105 pounds of dog food all at once just to save $2. And no, we don't need 500 Tylenol at a time. And no, no, no, no, we do not need a Plasma TV. Not yet.
I did pick up a Santa-gift for my little girl, though. I am just not 100% convinced it will wait that long.

Our basement is going to be so awesome. I had a brainstorm for one section, where the kids' toys will go. What if we got a big chalkboard and a bulletin board? And posted a big alphabet and numbers and colors and shapes? In addition to their toys, it could be their crafts and learning station.

My dishwasher is full and my kids are still in their jammies. I need to stop blogging right now.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ooooh...giving up bleach - I don't know if I could do that. Fabric softener, OK. I bought those dryer balls that beat the crap out of the clothes, and they work pretty well.

The trick to BJ's or any of those places is to check the prices, just like you always do. And, stay away from the stuff you don't really need. I fight the urge every time I'm in Costco because I love things that are bigger than usual (like giant bags of raisins, giant slabs of cheese).

I for one am happy that you're blogging often. The kids are probably very cozy in their jammies!