Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day Two of Potty Training took us through the Buckland Mall - without incident.
Abs went peeps in the potty in Macy's and that was it! We shopped, we ate, she went on the carousel with her Daddy. No accidents, no issues. I even tried to get her to go in the parking lot before placing her in her car seat. No deal. She either couldn't or wouldn't but either way, she went on the potty when we got home and that works for me!
All day without a diaper. Add that to the fact that I forgot to change Wyatt before we left for the mall, I think I only did like, 3 diapers today. A-freaking-mazing.
Before bed tonight, Abby & Wyatt were playing nicely and alternately getting cleaned up and dressed for bedtime when Abby ran into the bathroom where I was cleaning WyWy and announced she had to go potty. Much to my delight, she pooped!!! She first asked me for a diaper, I responded calmly with a "just try it on the potty, it's fun to hear it splash" and she was intrigued. Sure enough, it was fun to hear it splash!!!
Good stuff!!
We bought her a balloon and some fake Princess makeup as a prize for poops on the potty. She will be so happy when she wakes up and sees it. She is so easy to please and I am so beyond excited and proud with this whole PT thing. I cannot even express it.
Proud of her, proud of me. It's just the next big thing to conquer and once again, she is so easy and wonderful.

As a side note, I bought myself another pair of shoes today. I seriously have a problem.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm gonna have to try the "fun to hear it splash" trick when Matthew is ready to potty train!