Sunday, October 25, 2009

A little update on my Fall Television post:
I never watched Melrose again.
Still love Big Bang and  How I Met Your Mother.
L.O.V.E. House.  That guy just gets better and better.
Christine is a little too neurotic this season.  She annoys me.  I like her, she looks great, but the writing is bad.
I miss the Henricksons.  Does anyone know when Big Love is back?
Never watched Flash Forward.  Then, I had about 4 or 5 on the DVR which I found too intimidating so I deleted them all.  Maybe we'll watch it on TNT or USA one day.
I wish I watched True Blood.  I missed the first season and it's not On Demand.  Maybe when the 2nd season is over they'll both be On Demand and I'll get caught up.
I did watch Hung for a while.  It stunk.
Glee is so much better than I ever expected.  And when I got this week's EW and saw Glee on the cover, I was so excited, I read the article immediately.  Apparently, everyone loves Glee, not just me.

When in the heck do we set our clocks back?  I love that.


Made apple pies the other day with Abby.  YUM.  We froze one for Thanksgiving and baked one.  Then, we ate less than half so I sliced it into large servings and wrapped and froze them individually.  Neat, right?
Want a little apple pie?  Pop one in the oven and you're good to go!


I generally don't "stress out".  I'm human, I get overwhelmed, I feel anxious, I snap when I'm tired - all that.  But I generally catch myself myself and am able to take deep breaths, evaluate the situation, prioritize and march on.
I am a talker, too, which helps.  When something is on my mind, I will talk to anyone and everyone with ears.  They don't even have to be listening.
But lately, I have had the sort of emotional stress that isn't really talkable.
It's family stuff - interactions, relationships that can't be described or defined, they just are what they are.  And they're far from perfect. 
It might not ever be what I want it to be, but I have to be in a happier place for myself.
When you get too wrapped up in what is bothering you, you stop seeing what is wonderful.
No, I'm not "perfect" but I really like me.  I like my life and the way I go about things. I am positive.  I am loving.  I am loved.
So, I am stopping my worry.  I am putting it in a box, on a shelf.  I can't be rid of it, but I don't have to look at it every day.

Also - I'm going for a pedicure, out to dinner and shopping with 2 of my favorite women on Friday.

We are leaving the kids for an overnight.  We have never done this before.  Abby is almost 4 so it's been 4 years (plus) since we have been alone in a hotel room.  I know there are plenty of people out there that have never left their kids overnight.  My sister is leaving her girls with us next month for one night (hopefully 2 but she might not make it!) and it is their first time and their kids are 7 & 8.
I also know plenty of people who have left their kids multiple times since they were tiny babies.
Whatever - this will be our first (hopefully not our last) "getaway" and I cannot WAIT!!



No comments: