Sunday, September 13, 2009

A sure sign, as if we needed another one, that summer is over?
We closed the pool today.  So sad.  But also - so liberating.  It's like that final piece of the season, that final, lingering "is it really Fall, can I buy my pumpkins?" feeling is complete.
Summer is over.  Done.
I can look forward to Christmas now.  Officially.

But first - I am looking forward to Fall TV!!
I thought I would share with you, while listing and organizing for myself, what I am looking forward to for my Fall television lineup.

On Mondays, I love CBS.  But, from what I can see - they have once again eff'd with the schedule so I am not sure if I will still love CBS.  I love "How I Met Your Mother", "New Adventures of Old Christine" (I know, it hasn't been on Mondays in forever - whatever), and "Big Bang Theory".
I may DVR the shows I like since I hate "Two and a Half Men" and I don't really feel like being stuck watching some new, crappy show in between the shows I already love.
That leaves my Monday nights open for "House", who I love.  Yes, "who", because, really - if he were real, and not the doctor on tv played by Hugh Laurie, I would leave my husband and stalk him for the rest of my life.  I love Dr. House!!



Tuesday brings me the new Melrose.  "Melrose Place" pretty much sucked in the 90's, but I watched it because I was a die-hard 90210 fan.  But, I fell out of love with both shows long before they fell off the air.  I watched the new Melrose, though, because it intrigued me.
I liked it, I'll DVR it, but no promises...  I will really be surprised if I still like it after another episode where they let Ashlee Simpson talk.
Likely I will watch whatever I DVR'd Monday night on Tuesday.


Wednesday is all about "Glee".  I have not been so excited about a tv show since...  I don't know, I'll compare it to American Idol, I think since it really doesn't compare to Grey's or 90210 - my two most favoritest tv shows ever (20 years apart but equally obsessive).

Glee starts at 9 so should I find myself sitting before that, I might watch "New Adventures of Old Christine" followed by "Gary Unmarried" - both very funny but neither worth rushing to get my butt on the couch for.  (I dvr Christine - it's always funny and fills a gap if you have nothing else to do.)

Nothing compares to Thursday night.  I don't go out, I don't do housework, not even folding laundry.  I sit, with nothing but a drink of water, curled up on the couch and ready to completely lose myself in Grey's Anatomy.  I love that show so much, it's ridiculous.  I get angry if Jay makes noise in the background that might distract me from my program.

I watched the Season Finale on the couch in our house in Florida this past May.  It's on again this week and I cannot wait to watch it at home!  Then, next week is the Season Premier.  YAHOOOOOO!!!  I love it, I love the characters, I love the show and 9:00 is the perfect start time.  (Ok, the premier starts at 8, I think, but it's usually 9.)
My obsession is so deep that I actually DVR it, start to watch it about 15 minutes into the episode so that I can fast forward commercials and usually end with the show running live.
I have sort of-kind-of started to watch Private Practice.  The season finale was pretty exciting so I'll give it another shot this year.  But, really, I haven't liked any characters aside from Addison, so I don't know - that show might go away with Melrose.
Also, maybe worth noting, is ABC's new show "Flash Forward".  I plan on dvr'ing that because it starts at 8, which is not a good time, I wouldn't make it every week, but it looks interesting.  And ABC brought us "Desperate Housewives", "Grey's" and "Lost" along with numerous other runaway hits, so it might be worth getting into early on.

Friday nights are not big tv nights but the USA Network present "Monk" and "Psych" and Jay loves them.  I don't have a regular Friday night line-up so one of two things can happen - I might go out.
I can go out because Jay is so happy that it's Friday, he has the weekend ahead of him and his favorite 2 shows on tv, I have no guilt or worry leaving him home alone with the babies.  Or, I snuggle up with my man and watch his shows with him.  I do like both shows, but mostly I just love how much he likes them.



As a side note - on HBO I watch "Big Love" - I love that show a lot, I'm really into the Henricksons.  I also like "Hung" - I dvr it and watch it an hour or 2 at a time, it's 30 minutes - not a very good show but I just keep watching it.

Saturday and Sunday are not (were they ever?) big tv nights.
I never got into "Desperate Housewives".  "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" makes me cry - or gag, depending on Ty's crew.  I do like "Iron Chef America" and "Big Love" is on, when it's on - who knows with HBO, right?  But mostly, the weekends are up for grabs.

This all may make me sound like a total couch potato, but I can assure you - this is more of a wish list than an actual schedule.  Aside from Grey's Anatomy, none of these shows get watched with any regularity.  I forget.  Or I get annoyed.  Or, I'm just too busy or tired.
But I do love tv.  And I love Fall and new seasons, new series and early darkness...  they go together.

What are you watching this year?

No comments: