Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do I need a new winter coat?
Probably not.
Do I really.  really.  really want a new winter coat?
Yup.



Are Uggs really, really ugly?
Yup.
Do I still find myself wanting a real pair anyway - even though I have a fake pair that I swore were "good enough" and really do serve the purpose (the purpose being a warm shoe that goes with everything and don't require tying)?
Yup.



Does my lifestyle require me to wear skirts with cute tights and some new, style-y black Maryjane pumps?
Definitely not.
Does the idea of wearing tights and pumps sound ridiculous to a woman who's days are spent chasing a nearly-impossible-to-contain 2 year old boy, wiping snot and cleaning up paint, play-doh or poop?
Definitely.
Am I buying the shoes anyway?
Yup.

Do ballerina flats look cute or really make me look like Henrietta the Hippo?



Am I excited about leggings and big shirts?
Yup.

Do I remember loving fold-over, black suede boots in high school?  So much so that I used to borrow Rachel's so often that she eventually gave them to me because I stretched them out with my 2-size bigger feet.
Yup.
Do I want a new pair this year, now that they are back in style?
Nope.
(but I might buy Rach a new pair.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the coat! Any suggestions for a new bag? Shannon

Unknown said...

I got a Lands End backpack, Shan. I still don't have a good bag for when the kids are not with me, I just carry my wallet.
My backpack, however, holds all my kid stuff & mom stuff and is easier to access AND carry.
LOVE IT!

Gina Marie said...

Lizzzz...the uggs idea just KILLS me. They are beyond ugly and so overplayed. I will give you a ton of other WARM comfy options that are not uggs!! ahhh!! hurts my heart...

Gina Marie said...

LIZZZZ!!! This Uggs thing has been bothering me for days. I loath them! Not only are they ugly but they are sooo over played and ridiculous! I got in a fight with Vincents mom over these things!! ugghh!!
There are plenty of other warm comfy options that I can give you before you give in and buy a pair of these things!! HOLD OUT!

Gina Marie said...

LIZ! Don't do it!! DO NOT GET UGGS!! They're horrible!! ugly and over played!! There are much better warm and comfy options!! I can give you a list just let me know!! !xoxoxo Fight the urge!!