Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wyatt is 75th percentile for height and 25th for weight.  So, he's tall and skinny.  His 18 months pants are too short but his 2Ts are too big around the waist.

He calls Winnie-the-Pooh, "Poop".

He has many words and sentences now and while not all of them are distinguishable to the outsider - they are definitely there.
Last night, clear as day he said, "Dada?  Maggie's a good girl."  Clear as day.

He is very sick right now.  Sicker than I've ever seen him (or Abby, for that matter) and while his 103.5 did frighten me a tiny bit last night, I snuggled and whispered and sang with him until he felt better, the Motrin kicked in and he fell back to sleep.  Put that one up with my other "Mom of the Year" trophies.
Today, he had no fever.  He still sounds and looks awful, but the fever breeds the fear, not the boogers.



Abby is clever, smart and fresh, fresh, fresh.  It's tough - because she's so stinkin' funny.
Here's an example - when she uses the potty we repeat the mantra "Wipe, Flush, Wash" over and over, infinitum.
She will tell you that she's done all 3 whether she has or not.  Is that a bald-faced lie or just a wish-it-were-true.  Usually, it's the latter, but not this time:
As we were putting her nightgown on, she was jumping around and dancing on her bed.  She had already brushed her teeth, washed up and I brushed her hair.  As she was dancing, her hand swung around and swatted my face.  I grabbed it (more of a reflex than anything else) and she was oh-so-apologetic.  Before I could address it, I realized her hand was stinky.  (She's almost 4, if you have kids, you know the stink I am referring to - if you don't, just wait.)
Here's the dialog that followed:
"Abby, did you wash your hands with soap?"
"Yes, mama."
"Really?  Just now, when you brushed your teeth and washed your face?  You washed your hands with soap?"
"Yes."
"Abby, your hand stinks!  You did not use soap.  You are fibbing to mama."
"No, mama, I did wash with soap!  Actually - your face stinks, and when my hand hit your face, your stink got on it."
Can you believe her?  How was I supposed ot respond to that?!
I had nothing.  Nothing.
So, I laughed and told her to go wash her hands again.
Again.
And to refresh your memory, this is the little princess (Snow White, to be exact):

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I hope that Wyatt is feeling better. And Abby's comment is great - does she take after her momma? :)

Denise said...

That is HYSTERICAL (Abby's comment - not the sickness!)