Monday, July 27, 2009

This...

was not..

a funeral!!


It was my big sister's Surprise 40th Birthday Party!
Christine, my eldest sib at 7 years my senior, was shocked to see a room full of people who absolutely love and adore her waiting to celebrate her 40th anniversary on Earth.
And lemme tell ya - Lots of Love for her in that room. It was THICK.
I love her. She's the best.
Everything you could want in a big sis -
from the nagging aggravation to the un-ending love and friendship.
And her friends and relatives love her, too.
And we are cryers.
I come from a long line of 'em - so Look Out, folks -
the freakin' carpet was probably wet from the gallons of tears
that were shed on this day.
Happy, lovey, sappy tears!

Here is my cousin, Ray and my pseudo-sister-in-law, his wife, Christina;
then Christine, Mike, Me and Jay.


I say "P-S-i-L" because of the way we so quickly and easily bonded and because Ray & I grew up so closely that we always felt more like siblings than cousins.
And I love her.
L. O. V. E. her.
Isn't it awesome when you see how much someone you love is so loved, taken care of, understood, adored?
I see that in my cousin's marriage.
Wouldn't it be awesome if all of our loved ones could have that for themselves?

Christine with my Dad.

There was a CONSIDERABLE amount of beer consumed at this party.
People who don't usually drink beer were suckin' 'em down like it was the newest, hottest thing. And there was a full bar with booze, wine, soda - whatever -
but it was just the mood,
the atmosphere, the hot day.
It was FUN.

Check out the Slideshow that Jay and I put together for the Birthday Girl.


Cheers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can feel the love in the photos! Looks like it was a great time!!! Shannon

Gini said...

Very very emotional photos....WOW. And then your description that follows really says it all Liz. You are lucky. And you know it. Beautiful.

OK - the Jodi Picoult book - THAT one is my all time favorite. I love her books (and shhhhh....Bill reads them all too...sometimes even before I do!! Ha Ha)

Blackberry's ROCK by the way.

Denise said...

fabulous photos and description of the day! family rocks!!! (and i love people who get that.)

Kim said...

What a great way to ring in 40! Nothing beats a day filled with tha tkind of love. Love the shot of her and your Dad toasting!