Tuesday, July 21, 2009

And one more, just to round out where my mind is at these days:

Acceptance: 1: an agreeing either expressly or by conduct to the act or offer of another so that a contract is concluded and the parties become legally bound2: the quality or state of being accepted or acceptable3: the act of accepting : the fact of being accepted : approval4 a: the act of accepting a time draft or bill of exchange for payment when due according to the specified terms b: an accepted draft or bill of exchange

Let me leave you with this thought: I have not always been a kind, patient, benefit-of-the-doubt-giving woman.
But as I have gotten older, become a mother and become a happy, content human being living in a not-always happy world, I have come to realize that choosing appropriately or living with the consequences of my bad choices;

not assuming that things will go or did go badly;
taking responsibility for my actions - good and bad;
and most importantly accepting myself and those around me for who they are, and loving myself and those around me regardless of how different we might be and how different we might wish we were, or removing myself from those that I can't change and have a negative impact on my life in any way;
this is what I practice in order to maintain my level of happiness, sanity and quality of life.

And as I've said numerous times here on The Raft, Life is Good.


1 comment:

Gini said...

I may come back to this to re-read it again tonight when my head is clearer. But I am pretty sure I agree with you. Kind of what I said in your last post, yes??