Monday, June 29, 2009

So I put Brooke down. I couldn't take anymore. I read Tori Spelling's book and I loved it. She was so funny and the way she wrote it was like I was chatting with a friend. Very informal, very funny. Brooke's style is similar, but not funny at all. Even when she's clearly trying to be, she's just not. She's a nerd. A big, fat dork.
So, I'm done. I didn't make it halfway through.

We are heading to the beach tomorrow. I made 3 sandwiches, 2 pb&j, 1 just J. As I was putting things into the beach bag (my ADD got the better of me when I was done cutting the sandwiches, I moved on) Pete moved in. That fat bastard ate all 3 in record time. And when I yelled at him, he wagged his big, furry tail and asked me for a glass of milk.
Fucker.

I went to bed last night, before 10pm. And I slept till 7. I woke up feeling like a Million Bucks! It was a great feeling. And with that, I decided to avoid Facebook and Pirates today. I know how pathetic that sounds, but let's be honest - we've all had our moments when the obsession of something new overrules our normal good sense. For me, my most recent nonsensical addiction is Pirates.
And I miss it, don't misunderstand me. Right now, I could do the math and tell you that since I logged out this morning, I have earned approximately $300k per hour which is just piling up in my bank, unprotected by me, likely being looted and plundered and pillaged while I "unplug".
Or, I can remind myself that I hung out by the pool with my kids today - giving them my full attention. I finished moving that pile of gravel that has been a part of our driveway for too many months to count. I was outside all day, after we shopped at both BJ's and Ted's.
And let me tell you - I shopped like a mama on the path to a fun-filled summer vacation.
I had a full, refreshing, satisfying day.
Another huge part of my fabulous day?
It was SUNNY!!!! There was no rain!!!! It was HOT OUT!

Man, I love summer!
I love summer with my kids!
I love the beach, the pool & bike riding!
Wyatt spent the better part of this afternoon in just a swimmie-diaper & bike helmet. How stinkin' cute is that?! And by the time those kids went into the tubbie tonight they were both covered with suntan lotion, ketchup (from their hotdog dinner) and bomb-pop drippings.
If that doesn't spell summer, I don't know what does.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like you had an awesome day - good things all around!

Pete must have thought he'd died and gone to heaven!!

Kim said...

BTW, have fun at the beach tomorrow!

Gini said...

I love summer as well. Summer and reading go together so well, don't they.......except I haven't managed to get my head into my book for any longer than 10 minutes in spurts...which SUCKS because I KNOW this is going to be a good read. Oh well.

Glad your day was fabulous!!!