Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am going to copy Cilla with this entry and just make a list.
Sometimes you need a list to put your mind at rest. Sometimes, when my head is swimming with ideas and to-do's and goals and wants and needs, I write a list and that helps me catch my breath.
And sometimes, you really do need to "count your blessings".

So, here is a list of things that made me very happy today. Just today.

  • Cleaning up and Turning Over the Vegetable Garden.
    And leaving it ready for planting for my husband's pleasure.
  • Walking into my bedroom to find my son playing with a toy car with full sound effects, totally lost in his own imagination.
  • Hearing my daughter speak to her "babies" with so much love and sweetness
    that I am moved to tears.
  • Seeing that tooth #13 finally cut and #14 is really close and
    knowing that my son might let me shower in peace soon.
  • Getting lots of yard work done including moving lots of mulch & rocks
    and splitting some perennials.
  • Ordering PeaPod for morning delivery knowing that I have nothing to do tomorrow at all.
  • Knowing that with nothing to do, I will get lots more yard work done.

3 comments:

Allison said...

After all the rain we have had, it was good to have a little sunshine to weed my garden and the beds around the house. Doesn't it feel great to get your hands in the dirt?

Is that mulch pile finally gone? It looked like a mountain of work!

I love it when I catch James in conversation with himself--or talking to his sister. SO SWEET!

Gini said...

SHUT.
THE.
F%CK.
UP.

My head is spinning with so many thoughts that I can't get a blog post set in my head and THIS is exactly what I was going to do this morning. Bullet my thoughts. Just putting it out there for you girl. I'm gonna copy you - plain and simple.

Did you breathe a sigh of relief once you jotted it all down? I feel like I need to do that....

ahhhhh....

Kim said...

Good idea, Liz, jotting it all down. Sometimes you just have to take inventory to be reminded of all the good things. Makes you realize how much joy there is in just living your life.