Friday, June 26, 2009

The long-awaited pics from BlueBack Square:

Here is Abby showing us her Left New Shoe.


And her right.


Here are the new shoes.





The happy little patient, anxiously awaiting the lunch of her choice: Cherry Cheesecake!

She went at this giant piece of cake like a pro. I was really impressed.

That whipped cream & those cherries never knew what hit them

Can you believe the amount of food I ordered for the 3 of us? Having never been to a Cheesecake Factory, I was quite impressed with not only their variety but also their prices. I ordered a bunch of stuff from the "Small Plates" menu. It was more than enough!

Wyatt attempting his Table Manners by eating French Fries with spoon.


So, my night table is really piling up.
I started the Brooke Shields book, I am having a hard time with it. She's just sort of an idiot. I thought she was before, now - several chapters in - I'm pretty convinced.
I'll give it a few more chapters, but it's not looking good.

Right now I am reading Dr. Laura again. I cannot believe it but she is seeping into my head, into my every day. Truly, she makes a lot of sense on a lot of topics. Not all of them and her delivery is very hard to take at times. And so many people in my life hate her so much. But, I am reading "Proper Care & Feeding of Husbands" and so far, I really like it. Sorry, everyone who hates her.

I really want to read Columbine - that is definitely next, either when I put Brooke Shields to rest or when I finish Dr. Laura.

I returned Twilight to my friend. I really had no interest and now that I missed the official Book Club Meeting to discuss it, I don't see why I would bother with as little time as I spend reading. It's in my Netflix Q, so I can wait.

3 comments:

Cilla said...

We love the Cheesecake Factory. I can pretty much get on board with any of their pasta. And the Vanilla Bean cheesecake is to die for.

Twilight is a good read, but not worth the total obsession it's garnered ... I am still a bit puzzled at how my generation and older have bought into the craze. I mean, I like it. I have the boxed set. But I'm not stalking Robert Pattinson or anything like that. Actually, I thought the movie sucked.

Gini said...

Keep feeding that girls shoe obsession and you are gonna be in BIG trouble. Shopped while we were gone this weekend - Hannah got shoes........

I've gotta say, too. Your kids are pretty cute Liz. And also, that is a whole lotta damn food.....

Great pics!

Kim said...

Those are some sweet kicks! Nice choice, Abs!

Love the idea of all those small plates (except for the fact that I'm so stuffed from dinner that I think I may hurl at the sight of more food!). And you can't possibly go there without having some cheesecake.

I dunno about you and Dr. Laura. Like you said, it's not necessarily what she's saying (OK, sometimes it really is), but the way she says it. To me, there's nothing worse than someone who comes off like you're a piece of crap if you don't do things the same way they do. Can't stand that.