Thursday, February 19, 2009

While sitting on the floor in front of the coffee table, playing with her 4 Thumbelina Fairy Dolls, Abby proclaimed with some surprise, "I can't see my chin."
The 4 dolls, it is worth noting, are named "Kathleen, Sami and Abby" and the 4th doll, also a Thumbelina but bigger, with real hair not just the plastic, painted on kind, is named "Tono".

My friend, Jay, has a
blog. I have mentioned it before but I am mentioning it again because he recently posted about Facebook and what he wrote was exactly how I feel... or felt... or am feeling. Anyway, it's worth a read.

Abby's new thing
is that she likes to give me presents. She wraps up her little toys in other little stuff and says "this is for you, mommy, open it!". And when I do, I am, of course, overjoyed! Then she sasks that I give her a gift and I wrap the same treasure up in the same package and give it back to her with equal enthusiasm. She opens it, clutches it to her chest and exclaims "oh, mommy, I looooove it! GENKGOO SO MUCH!!"
It really is a fun game. An example of a gift is a tiny Cinderella doll wrapped in Wyatt's sock... or a Barbie wrapped in a purse. The list goes on, if it fits inside something, it is a suitable gift.

Wyatt has many new words
and his love of all things Elmo, Ming-Ming and Yo Gabba goes on.
His vocabulary grows every day and now, in addition to the basics, he very clearly screams:
"Ahloon!" (Balloon)
"Aggie!" (Maggie)
"Kitty"
"Ming Ming"
"A-llo" (Hello)
"Juice"
"Anana" (banana)
And, in addition to the words he already mastered and these new ones, he has become quite proficient at pointing out and/or showing us exactly what he wants. He is a demanding little booger.

He and Abby play together amazingly well. Sure, it often turns to tears - he pulls her hair or she takes something he was playing with. But I find that if I ignore the initial cry, it stops and they move on. And the laughter that comes from that playtime - man, it makes my heart grow two sizes too big.

3 comments:

Gini said...

That is the first I had ever been over to Jay's blog and I enjoyed that post. Part of the reason I did not list myself on FB with my maiden name. I made that choice up front, I guess. Didn't like 'em then, don't need to like them now.

On another note, I like how you take note of Wyatts new words. I soak in each and every one of Garrin's. You tend to do that a LOT when there are speech issues involved - I love it!

Unknown said...

Gini - I soak up each of Abby's "activities." You tend to do THAT when they are almost 2 before they take their first step! :)
And I didn't list my maiden name on FB at first, either, but then my whole fam joined and I liked that connection. You take the good with the bad, I guess.
xo

Kim said...

I love that Abby is giving you gifts - she's such a sweetheart! She and WyWy look SO much alike in that picture!