Friday, February 20, 2009

I made about 12 pounds of Cutlets this afternoon. I turned some into Chicken Parm (3 dinners worth, actually - delivered one tray to a friend who just had a new baby) and saved a bunch to bring to Tono's house on Sunday. My back hurts and I smell like a Fry-o-lator but it's all good. Who doesn't love cutlets, right?

Yesterday I made "Spring Onion Soup". Pictured here:

It was simple and delicious. I love making soup, you just can't screw it up.

Tonight I will make Lasagna Soup and Brownie Bites.

The thing is, I make it all by hand - no cheating, no boxes or pre-cuts or anything like that... it's made with love.
I am not against using cheats or pre-cuts - when those easier ways are on sale or I am pinched for time, I'm all for them. But I had planned on and enjoyed this little cooking marathon and it ain't over yet!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Don't you love those days when you get to do some serious cooking? I sure do.

Very sweet of you to deliver some chicken parm.

I'm looking forward to the soup!

Stacie1980 said...

Ok...so I FINALLY went ahead and made a new account so I can again comment on your blog that I enjoy so much!

First off...that soup looks divine. I only have one soup I make and that's just a plain ole french onion soup. It's pretty tasty, but I need to branch out. : )

Secondly...where the hell do you find the time do do all of this...from scratch no less?!?! I so wish I lived nearby so I could learn a thing or two from you. : )

-Stacie

Unknown said...

Stace-
I have to carve out time, every now and then, to do it. And today, as my grease was poppin' and my cutlets were rolling through, Wywy was displeased with my lack of attention - I felt badly about that - but he'll live.
And I have to say, I used a bit of artistic license - I use the box mix for brownies... making brownies from scratch is SO not cheaper. :)
Welcome back , I love having you here.