Friday, February 27, 2009

What am I supposed to do with a closet full of gowns that I will never wear again??
Some of them have sentimental value, most of them were expensive and none of them will ever come into play in my wardrobe again. A- they will never fit and B- they are either out of date or were never in style in the first place.
I called the Consignment Shop and they don't take them.
I have seen ads for those give-away parties for girls who can't afford prom dresses and I have considered that - but I don't want to just drop them off in a black hole, never knowing if they will be worn again. But why not?
Why do I hold onto these dumb things that take up LOTS of space in my closet?
Same question for all my shoes and boots. I have lots, I wear a lot but I have a lot that I don't wear. But if they are perfectly good or hold sentimental value, I hold onto them. Why?
I even have shoes that are not in the best shape, maybe they are ridiculously uncomfortable - but I think "well, they are my only pair quite like that and I may need them for a certain outfit some day and then won't I be sorry I got rid of them!?"
Anyway... one day I will organize my closet with properly built shelves and drawers and will have to face these questions head on. For now, I will continue to work around them and wear the 4 things that stay towards the front.

No comments: