Saturday, October 18, 2008

I check my Yahoo mail a little more often than I check Facebook which I check more often than I check MySpace. And I check my Yahoo 2 or 3 times a month. So, yeah, if you need me, text or email Loshsplace.
Anyway.
Today I checked Yahoo, anxiously awaiting Uncle Carlos' Snapfish invitation and I had an email from Pampers.
I no longer have any use for Pampers. None.
Isn't that crazy?
Abby wears a Pull-Up at night. It has Princesses on it and she hates to actually pee on the Princesses, but she does, almost every night. But even those are made by Huggies.
And Wyatt uses Huggies. They fit his fat little thighs better than the Pampers did. So, I'm done with Pampers. But for 2 and a half years, buying Pampers was VERY important to me. I would often pull out my cell to use the Calculator to figure out what I was paying per diaper. I am a deal hunter. It kills me to pay more than I have to.
Now, I buy Huggies. I can get them at the big BJ's for $35 a case, with coupons it comes down to 28 cents a diaper. Not a bad deal.

Anyway. Today was my baby boys' birthday party. Jay and I worked very hard preparing for today. The trick is to do every single thing you can ahead of time. With proper planning, the day of the party can be very smooth and allow for plenty of time to actually enjoy the friends and family that we gathered together. And I do so love my friends and my family. In the very beginning, I get a little crazy- trying to get food rolling, make sure everyone has drinks and met anyone that they might not have met or remember meeting. And I need to make sure that Wyatt is happy - because I wasn't sure if he would be super-social or totally overwhelmed. He was super-social. He loved his day.
I need to check myself at times because my tendency to be ridiculously controlling and my unrelenting desire for everything to be perfect can be off-putting to innocent bystanders who are just standing in the kitchen - right in front of the oven or behind the island between me and my sink or fridge. Really - do I think people read my mind? I need to relax. :) But, at the same time, do people think I am have super powers that can allow me to see or walk through them when I am trying to feed 45 people and my kitchen is where 42 of them want to stand?
Anyway.
I saw my brother-in-law for 45 seconds, then he left. He had some shopping to do, I think.
I saw my BFF and her beautiful baby boy. They stayed the latest. And I love that.
My aunts and cousin came. They also brought my uncle. He is not a huge "birthday party guy" but he hadn't been here in a while and was feeling the love this weekend. It was wonderful to see him. He is fun, laid back and happy. It's nice to be around positive people.

I am a positive person. I love life. I feel very certain that "what comes around, goes around", and I don't think that conflicts with my faith in God, but if it does, then I am just not explaining it properly.

My husband resigned from his current employer and accepted a position with a small firm. He is taking a leap of faith. "Leaving the nest", if you will... He has worked for his large, Global corporation for almost 10 years. But he grew up in it and he was ready to spread his wings. I am overwhelmed with pride. I am proud of him, excited for him, thrilled for us - what this means to us is very hard to put in words, but it's a huge deal and we are so happy.

More on the bday party later. With pictures.

No comments: