Sunday, October 26, 2008

Censorship sucks.
People should be able to say and do what makes them happy, assuming, of course, that it doesn't cause harm to other people - because then those people wouldn't be happy. Catch my drift?
So, I don't believe in censorship - specifically on a Blog. I mean, come on - why does one blog? To spout off on one's feelings, opinions, hopes and dreams, right?
And sometimes I censor myself. I don't say exactly what I want to, whether it's because I think it through and it's mean, or because I think "ooh, I don't want so-and-so to think I mean them" even if I don't.
So, I have decided to letmy guard down tonight. There are a few things I want to get off my chest.
My entire life people have been telling me "Filter" or "You shouldn't say that" or "Watch how you say that" or "shut the fuck up, you loud mouthed bitch". Ok, maybe that last one wasn't said to my face very often, but we all know it's been thought on more than one occassion.
As I am now 32, a mother of 2 and a very satisfied wife and homemaker there isn't, frankly, much I don't say. A good part of that is because I simply don't have a lot of things to complain about, I don't let little things bother me and I stay positive. Being that way helps me "filter", so to speak, because I don't have much to say.
Anyway, I do have a few things on my mind tonight.

First of all - Carol, you crazy, grudge-holding witch. I never meant to hurt your feelings or cause you any harm. I have never and would never say or do anything to purposefully hurt you. So, get over it, get over me, move on and quit talking shit. It weighs on me and it makes me feel sad for you. So, quit it, so we can both feel better.

Lastly - Separation of Church and State, people!!
You may not ever abort a baby. You may not ever marry someone of the same gender. But you know what? That's your personal decision. You don't know what would lead someone to having to make such a decision and it is not up to you to make it for them. It is that simple. Some things are left to God, not the Government of the United States of America.

That's it for tonight. This post sounds far more negative than I actually feel - and if you think about it, these are the ONLY things bothering me at the moment. That's pretty good, huh?

3 comments:

Kim said...

That's one of the things I love about you - you say what's on your mind. And to me, that's what being in your 30s is all about - you take people or you leave people, and they are free to do the same.

And Amen on the separation of Church and state. IMHO, we shouldn't legislate based on our religious beliefs. Just because I believe a certain way doesn't give me the right to decide how other people live their lives.

Allison said...

Hello from Kimmy's SIL--I lurk on here every now and then and I think that this post is pretty refreshing. In general I like your writing style, and I think Kimmy should arrange a night for all of us to meet!

Unknown said...

That would be Fab-u. :)