Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Driving home from Stop & Shop today, I was on the phone with Jay when Abby piped up from the back seat "mama! I'm fallin'! I need to be strapped in!"
Yeah.
Worst Mom Ever.
She gets herself in her carseat by herself now, so she is usually doing that while I get Wyatt in. Today, when we were checking out, Wyatt managed to squeeze my cold but half full coffee until it spilled all over him and the checkout lane and it left me a little rattled. I was embarrassed and I sort of ran out of the store.
And, of course, there was a very nice man behind me with his 2 boys, same ages as my kids (of course, we were chatting while we waited, what would you expect?) who noticed Wyatt with the coffee before I did, even though I was standing between that guy and my kid.
The whole thing was stupid and embarrassing and silly and no big deal to anyone but me, but it sort of explains why I was rattled, right?
And there's my sweet little girl, nervous and law-abiding, calling for me to strap her in.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Don't beat yourself up - you're not the worst Mom ever - not even close.

I would have been totally flustered and off my game, too. The great news is she knows she needs to be buckled!