Monday, November 1, 2010

I am completely stealing this idea from my friend, Gini's private blog.  I'm linking it for those readers that we share, but really - if you've visited her before from here, you know how awesome her blog is. 

It is November.  Thanksgiving is coming.  It is my favorite holiday after Christmas...  maybe tied with Easter. 

I love getting together at my mom's house.  I love eating cold turkey with hot gravy 3 hours later than my mom told us we'd eat it.
I love drinking too much wine, washing it down with really strong coffee and too many desserts and driving home like my stomach might explode. 

I love that we don't need to exchange gifts or put up a tree to really enjoy and look forward to our time together as a family.
In addition to being together and eating great food, Thanksgiving is the official kick-off for Christmas.
If you know me, you know I have the Christmas music on already.  But I love that I can out-loud-and-proudly play it once Thanksgiving passes.

I love that we go to get our tree every Thanksgiving weekend.  This year we are having Jay's side of the family over on Friday night because we spend the holiday in NY.  And that day, Black Friday, I plan to shop my heart out!  After years of working that day in retail and then avoiding it like the plague and then having babies to keep me from those crowds, this year - I am going in!  Head first!  Target and Toys R Us, early in the day!  (not too-too early, let's not go crazy!)

Anyway...  back to Gini's idea and Thanksgiving being around the corner...
I am very thankful for so many things...
I read a great quote the other day, "nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart".

I am thankful for my children.
An obvious first choice, right?  They're fun and smart and healthy and happy.  They're gorgeous and charming.  They're kind and sensitive.  Every day they surprise me and humble me.  They teach me so many things - patience, honesty, appreciation.
Sure, there are moments when I want to bang their heads together, but not nearly as many as the moments I want to smooch, hug and squeeze them till they pop!
So, today, November 1, I am thankful for my children.

No comments: