Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday November 7th

I am thankful for my friends.  I am lucky to say that I have a lot of them.  They vary in duration and depth but I am grateful for each and every one of them.
Each of them brings value to my life and I to theirs.
Some cater to my "domestic me", some are more "diva", some are my gossip buddies, my wine drinking pals, my shopping crew, my mama-crowd, the beach ladies, school moms, neighborhood moms, single ladies, old ladies, gym friends.

Some are more "deep talk" friends, my "good time" friends.  I enjoy the friends-of-friends gatherings, too where you don't know everyone but there is less than one degree of separation which makes everyone feel close.

My best friend has been my best friend for more than 20 years.  My sisters are also my best friends, and obviously my husband...
But I have my best friend up the street, too.  Often referred to as my "sister wife", I don't know what I would do without her in my day-to-day.

Friends show you different sides of yourself.  You come to realize that you're more complicated than even you realize.  And more simple.

Life is not scripted, it's not easy - but, fortunately, I have a broad cast of characters to
play along with me on our journey.

No comments: