Tuesday, November 30, 2010

If I have learned nothing else in my family, it is that the love of a spouse stands above all else, for better or worse.  I respect that and I myself, live my life by that.  Nothing is more important to me than my husband and I prefer the company I keep to share that principle.


For better or for worse, I will always respect your vow to each other.



If two stand shoulder to shoulder against the gods,
Happy together, the gods themselves are helpless
Against them while they stand so.
~Maxwell Anderson


There is no such cozy combination as man and wife.  
~Menander

Chains do not hold a marriage together.  
It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.  
~Simone Signoret


Success in marriage does not come merely through finding the right mate, 
but through being the right mate.  
~Barnett R. Brickner


A long marriage is two people trying to dance a duet and two solos at the same time.  
~Anne Taylor Fleming
  
 

No comments: