Monday, November 24, 2008

I love picking out my kids' Christmas jammies. How cute is it when they go to sleep in their special jammies and wake up for Christmas morning, all squooshy-faced and happy - and wearing matching jammies?! I can't wait to find just the right ones.
And this year, if I can find them, I will get Jay and I matching jammie-pants. And by matching, I meant to match the kids... I already buy US matching jammie pants each year. :)

I am putting away all the Fall Decor... I put it up in late September, then I add a few Halloween-y things, then I take those down and leave up the Fall stuff till Thanksgiving. Usually.
But, we had that big party on Saturday night (it went splendidly) and on Sunday I was very tired and cozy, so I started plucking things from around the house and before you knew it, all the Fall stuff was on my dinding room table.
So - I am going ot put it away now.
Yeah. That's why I'm blogging. Procrastinator that I am.

I did a good "Post-Holiday-Shop" last year - got lots of wrapping paper, bags, bows and ribbons. I forgot I did that so finding it today was a major score. I still need to buy cards, tape and "Santa Paper" but I feel good.

Jay is gone for just one night this week. That's good. I miss him when he goes, but he's home a lot when he's not traveling... Let me explain that better.
In the old job, Jay would kiss Liz goodbye each morning, go to work, earn a good living and come home for dinner.
Every day, I knew he was leaving and when he was coming back. I liked that.
I always had dinner ready and we always maintained a very good routine.
Now - he travels a few days a week. So, I am adjusting to not having him home for dinner and not realxing with him each evening. That was a fairly easy adjustment (can I get an amen?) but the harder part is the "not traveling" part. Because he is home, but he is working. So, he's in my way but I can't ask him to move. That's the long and short of it.
Don't misunderstand - I love having his body in our house all day - even for several days in a row. But it is not my "routine" and I am still adjusting to that.
I know, I know - he's working hard, it's not easy being at a new job, he's stressed, he's doing his best and come on - I don't have to "work", right? Believe me, I don't take any of this for granted... we are just getting used to this new thing.

Thursday is "Genksgivin". (That's how Abby says it, in case you couldn't figure that one out.) I cannot wait. I am making a few dishes this year, in addition to pies. And we will be driving the new car to my parents' house which means I can stare out the window and not curse at the traffic. I love Thanksgiving. Then, Friday we can go get our Christmas tree!!!

No comments: