Saturday, September 13, 2008

Night One of the Great 3-Week Experiment is done. It was not easy. The first night never is.
Fortunately, my grossly under-diagnosed ADD and OCD were here to keep me company. I folded about 6 loads of laundry, put away the summer stuff from the pool (that we closed Thursday), organized, cleaned... I don't know, but I kept busy.
Then, of course, I watched 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy, Season 3.
I did manage to feed my children a decent dinner of baked chicken and veggies, with a side of cheddar cheese...
And when they went to bed, I invited a few friends over to help me through the rest of the evening...
My Abby started talking at about 10 months - and by "talking I mean "Hi, Guys!" and "Bockie, mama" and other 2 word phrases that you could clearly understand. She was in full conversations by 18 months, maybe before that.
Now, at 2 & 1/2 she can converse, plan, articulate, make-believe - like a 4 or 5 year old.
Truly. She is gifted. ;)
She talks and talk and talks and talks. She only stops talking to sing or yell. And as I was sitting on the couch tonight, watching tv but withe monitors extra loud in the kitchen, I could hear my little chatterbox, fast asleep, having a full on conversation with who I think was "Cassie" from DragonTales.
Every night, that kid talks in her sleep. Loud, long conversations.
I have never gone in to check on her during a sleep-convo, as much as I'd love to see what she's doing while she chats, because ... well, she's not crying or in any danger... I don't hear anyone talking back. And who am I to disrupt a good dream?

More on the 3-W-E as it progresses...

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on getting through night 1. You're gonna do just fine, and it'll be a great reunion when he gets back.

I see we share the same friends! =)

Teener said...

" Oh no! I don't have anymore pink milk! I have an idea! Lets go back to Grammie's and get some mo!"

I am glad to see your kids loving the tunnel! WyWy has a new mode of time travel and he can retire his cardboard box!

It was a fun weekend!