Saturday, September 13, 2008

Day 2 is done.
To give you an example of how tightly this ship is normally run - let me tell you how our evening usually go.
Jay gets home from work. We eat dinner. I bring the kids up to bed while Jay simultaneously cleans up the dinner and the day. I come down, about an hour later, he is done and we relax.
Today, I made dinner. Then I came down after putting the kids to bed. It was 7:30 - late, actually, Abby was especially cute tonight. She had some extra naked time.
When I came down, I saw that no one had cleaned up dinner. Damn. I did it.
Then, I came into the living room and saw that no one had cleaned up the toys. Damn again.
I straightened, locked up, cleaned up, set up - made the house peaceful and quiet after a long day - and now, just now, at 8:25, am I sitting, writing this and getting ready to watch... yes, Grey's Anatomy.
I miss my partner.

I want to announce that I am the proud mother of a boy who clearly and appropriately says "BYE!"
Don't believe me?
Here he is, waving and saying "bye". Clearly - he has places to go and that box will take him there.

My last thought is also about the boy. He needs a harness. I found this, it's a portable harness that attaches to the kid and then to whatever you need him strapped into. It seems like the best alternative to just leaving him on the ground and throwing him some food. Because if we don't do something, his first trip to the E-Room will be before he is even walking. And did I mention he is climbing stairs now? Yeah - he needs a harness.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm impressed you got that all done by 8:25 - nice job! I think that harness is a great idea. I can't believe he's climbing stairs! I may have to get that cover thing that's on that same page...