Sunday, September 14, 2008

I have this nightgown. It is more like a housecoat, like your gramma would wear. I wore it in the hospital after I had each baby, but I remember specifically purchasing it when I was about due with Abby.
It is big, sleeveless, roomie and buttons down the front, for good nursing access.
After I was done nursing Wyatt, I had no reason to keep it. I would never wear it for a non-mothering reason. It's something your gramma would wear. Seriously.
But, last night, I decided that since no one would see me and it is ridiculously comfy, I would wear it. In fact, I thought about long before last night. When I was packing Jay up, I saw it and thought "ooh, I am going to wear this the whole time he's gone." It is the most un-sexy thing in the world, and even after 10 years and 2 babies, you have to at least try not to be not-sexy.
Anyway.
I wore it last night. And it was glorious. Although, there are 2 large, dark stains over the nipple areas. Lansinoh, I believe. I hate that shit. And, Abby did ask me "that Grammy's, mama?"
Oh well. I can't wait to put it on again tonight.

So, it finally happened. Another one of those "he won't fall until he does" situations. Wyatt dive-bombed out of the high chair and landed, palms down, on the hardwood kitchen floor. Nice, huh?
I was right there, but I was picking up toys and trash and whatever else lands on the floor of the kitchen/dining area through out the day.
It was 5pm and WJ is usually pretty whiny/crabby by 5, anyway. He's tired. Maybe hungry but in this case, he was just finished eating.
He cried so hard and for so long, I was borderline panicky. I know that if Jay were home, I would have been on my way to the E-Room. But I had to be rational. I didn't want to over-react or under-react.
So, within about 20 minutes, he was much calmer. There was no bleeding, nothing swelling. I poked him and prodded him and he didn't freak out.
I gave him some Tylenol and he slept fine. He is fine today, too, so I guess I did the right things.

I bought that harness. As soon as he stopped crying, I went online and bought that harness.

We completed night 3. Now, have I mentioned that there will be 21 nights in total? only 18 to go!

I have prided myself on making pancakes from scratch. No real reason. The only other way I knew how to make them was with Bisquik and somewhere along the line, I started hating Bisquik... I think it's because of these little sausage things I made one time out of the Bisquik cookbook. I hated them, and turned on the yellow box.
So, yesterday, Abby told me she wanted Panckaes for Dinner.
Ok.
Then, as we were grocery shopping, I saw that the mix for Aunt Jemima pancakes was on sale - "just add water". For $2.50, I figured it was worth a shot.
I will never make pancakes from scratch again.
They were light and fluffy and delicious.
AND - BONUS - if they are too watery or too thick, just add more water or more mix. No worries about measurement!
Fabulous idea. Kudos to you, Auntie!

1 comment:

Kim said...

There's (almost) nothing better than worn-in, cozy jammies. Glad you're enjoying yours!

Did you get express shipping on that harness??? You've got your hands full with that boy!

We had Bisquick pancakes yesterday morning - I doctor them up with vanilla and a little sugar - fluffs 'em up so nice. I'll have to give the Aunt Jemima mix a try. She does make the best frozen waffles, after all.