Friday, June 27, 2008

Saw Billy Joel last night at Mohegan. Third time I have seen him. Central Park in the late-90's, I forget when, exactly but he was a surprise addition to the Garth Brooks concert I was dragged to. (Ironically, I hated country music then and fell in love with Garth and all things country shortly thereafter.) Jay & I saw him in May of 1998. We had just started dating when a bar regular gave me 2 tix to see Billy at the Civic Center. I, of course, ran to my new boyfriend like "wow, look!" and he, of course, replied "May? Wow, do you think we'll even still be together then?" (It was like, March.) Anyway - we saw him last night, 4th row, center, floor seats at Mohegan. The man did not disappoint. It was an INCREDIBLE show. Really. I was a dancing fool. I had so much fun. If you don't like Billy Joel, you simply don't like music. Here is the set list, followed by a pic of myself and the love of my life just before we left my mom with the kids and took off!
***********************************
Angry Young Man
My Life
Entertainer
Zanzibar
New York State of Mind
Miami 2017
Allentown
Downeaster Alexa
Don't Ask Me Why
Movin' Out

RootBeer Rag
Keepin' the Faith
She's Always A Woman
Captain Jack
River of Dreams
Highway to Hell
We Didn't Start the Fire
Its Still Rock and Roll 2 Me
You May Be Right
============


Scenes...
Only the Good Die Young
Pianoman
***********************************



1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like a great show - I'm hella-jealous! You guys look great!