Monday, June 16, 2008

Sometimes people simply grow apart. It is easy to try to place blame and point fingers. And it is even easier for our own insecurities or paranoia to creep in and make us think that a simple "passing of time or friendship" is something more. It is not done with malicious or vicious intentions, it is simply one person recognizing and acting on a separation of thoughts, interest, goals or hobbies. Lives get busy, families are put first and time and energy for outside activities are always limited. Within those limits we have to sort very carefully with whom we share ourselves.
Most of us can look back and remember fondly the different people that have passed through our lives, some briefly, some for longer periods of time. But very rare is the friendship or relationship that lasts forever outside of the bonds of marriage and family.
I am grateful for each person I meet because I feel that God places each person in front of me to help me grow, to learn about myself and the world around me and to help me become a better person - a better wife, mother, friend, daughter, whatever the case may be. I try to rely on my faith when these relationships are challenging or troubling. I pray for strength, I pray for guidance but what I truly pray about is my confidence and I pray for continued confidence in that, no matter how it feels at the moment, it is all part of God's plan for me. He knows me, He knows my heart and He knows what I can handle and what to throw my way. I find peace in that.

I try to be a good person, sometimes I fail. When I fail, I learn, I do not regret.
I try to be a good wife, sometimes I fail. When I fail, I learn and move on. I apologize. I try to forgive myself, too.
I try to be a good mother, sometimes I fail. When I fail, I learn and I try to cover it up so that no one else sees it. ha ha. I am still working on not regretting this one.

Thank you to all of my friends, those I know and those I have yet to meet, that will help me be myself and like myself.

No comments: