Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last night my 2 year old daughter went peeps on the potty for the first time ever. We have sat her up there a thousand times, flushed, washed hands, the whole nine... last night, it clicked.
This, by no means, says she is "potty trained" or even ready to become trained. But it meant she might consider it at some point, possibly in the near future, possibly not. Either way, it happened and I will hold onto that for now.
I hate it when people ask me (or her!) if she is going on the potty "yet". Like in her whole 35 months of life, we've all been just WAITING for her to start using the crapper. Seriously, 35 months in this world. Do we really need to rush her into things she's not ready for? Stop asking. When you see her excuse herself to use the "Little Girls" room, you'll figure it out.

Speaking of "asking me or her" - is there anything more annoying than when people talk to your kid, asking questions and what-not that they actually intend for you to hear and answer? I ignore those annoying fuckers. I can't stand that. If you want to ask me something, ask me. Not my kid.

My son, 8 months old, has sprouted his first tooth. He gave us some shit, but nothing major. And there it is. One sharp little ridgy tooth, bottom right (or left, depending who's side you're on, really). The Girl had 8 teeth by now. He just got his first. But he is on the move, pulling up, inch-worming around, sitting on his own. All things that she did not do until well into her 2nd year on Earth.

Speaking of "her", she actually just got 2 more teeth, bringing her grand total to 18. 2 to go. then we start losing 'em.

That's it for now. Heading to NY tomorrow, haven't sat down yet today. I am sure I will have more to say after a visit with my family. ha. ha.

No comments: