Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I Am Thankful for Spring.

I have mentioned before that I resent being assigned a season for thankfulness.
I try to be grateful for all the greatness that fills my life every day.

Today in a PTA meeting the guest speaker was sharing his wisdom and insight about our children's childhoods and balancing home and school and activities and recreation.
He discussed the partnership that is fostered between parents and teachers and really dove deep into how it should work and how it should blossom and grow and be such a bond that really enriches our children's lives.
When asked what we, the parents in the audience, would like to see from our administration and teachers not one of us could say a thing.
Every thing he had listed, everything he had mentioned?  Covered.
So, because I hate silence, I said "I honestly believe that our admin and teachers do all of that and more.  I have trust and confidence and respect for each one of those ladies and the teachers that work for them.  I am so happy and so grateful."
I, of course, choked up.
Then another mom said "I just try to take time each day, or even once a week, to reach out and say 'thank you'".  And she started crying.
Then another mom said that she was "a Military Wife and she will miss the school, parents and community when she inevitably moves again" and I am pretty sure I saw a tear in her eye, too.

How freakin' awesome is that?!
Our PTA meeting was a Love Fest!

So, I am kicking off Spring with another season of thanks...  and today I am thankful for Gilead Hill School and all that comes with it.
Our admin staff, our teachers, our parents and community - the kids - it's all part of the "system" and I am so thankful to be a cog in that complex.

No comments: