Saturday, February 4, 2012

I'm Just Sayin'

I've said it before and I'm saying it now - living in the Northeast gives me license to want snow in the winter, crispy leaves in the fall, cold rain in the spring and hot muggy summer days.
That is my right as a New Englander.

I can look forward to snow in July and curse it in January.  I can long for cool fall days in August and miss hot summer nights in November.  I can yearn for cold mud and creating gardens in February and curse yardwork in July.
The beauty of New England is that I get to love and hate all 4.  It is why I never want to leave and why I talk about leaving all the time.
These hang in my living room, they have since 2002 when we bought our first house. 
And while I know that I will land about 96 hate-comments for saying this (yeah, right, no one comments!) I am going to say it anyway:  Where's the g-darn snow?!?
Snow is pretty.
Snow is fun.
Winters should be snowy.
Look at the fun these guys are having!


















I don't need ice dams and 8 foot snow banks, thank you 2011.  But this is a little ridiculous.

I know that last winter was an anomaly.  And I know that my post-traumatic snow-shock kicked in, big time, when Alfred hit on 10-29-11.  But here we are on February 4th and my kids have had one good day of sledding.

I hate my driveway in the winter and I haven't had a chance to curse it and cry about it once yet!





And I know that February is a fickle girl and we could well be F-ed in the coming weeks and I'll eat this post.  But I think, and tell me if I'm wrong here, I think that after last year, after surviving the HELL on EARTH that was Winter 2011, we deserve a fun, happy winter.

My girl wants to build an ice castle and make up stories about ice princesses.
My boy finally got his stamina for the cold up to more than 10 minutes.
Santa brought sleds!!

Yes, we'd have to shovel and we might slip.  But that, in moderation, is all a part of it.  And this is boring.

Tell me, tell me I suck.  Tell me I am annoying and should count my blessings.  But really, tell me you don't miss it, even a little??
(Don't answer that, Jay.)


 

No comments: